863.5
19.5 Miles
10056 feet
There was a big buck with big antlers right above our ledge this morning. It hopped away when I left my shelter. Very cool.
Big creek crossing today. It was extremely hyped up but wasn't really that bad. Reached up to my waist, if it was moving any faster it might have been an issue but it was perfectly doable. Cold but not the coldest we've had to cross so far.
Ran in to Ops again. And met Chasing Sun, Clean Sweep and Z. Really easy walk today mostly flat and down hill except the last 4 miles straight up. Did almost a 20 though! We are picking up speed! All that is holding us back is altitude, elevation change, and food. Feeling good.
Hiker hunger has struck. I can't stop eating, good thing we planned for 7 days but are finishing it in 6, that means I get to eat more snacks.
Fought off mosquito induced panic all afternoon. We are camped at Sally Keys Lakes and it is the worst. I've never seen such bad mosquitoes in my life. Neither has "Walking home" who is 62. They are so thick. Literal clouds. Hordes. Never before has anything come this close to a swarm. Fingers get bit while pouring water. Feel my face is bit. Can't hardly do anything because you have to keep moving to keep the cloud around your face to a minimum so you can actually see what you are doing. But despite the menacing multitudes I think I'm holding it together quite well, I'm learning to deal with the anxiety of millions of mosquitoes baring down on me because I'm the only one in camp with out a tent to hide in. Bring it on, I have mosquito proof wind gear and a bivy, I can handle anything. I drank tea and wrote my journal outside of my bivy just to spite them. I am Full Rabbit, hear me roar.
19.5 Miles
10056 feet
There was a big buck with big antlers right above our ledge this morning. It hopped away when I left my shelter. Very cool.
Big creek crossing today. It was extremely hyped up but wasn't really that bad. Reached up to my waist, if it was moving any faster it might have been an issue but it was perfectly doable. Cold but not the coldest we've had to cross so far.
| Evolution creek |
Fought off mosquito induced panic all afternoon. We are camped at Sally Keys Lakes and it is the worst. I've never seen such bad mosquitoes in my life. Neither has "Walking home" who is 62. They are so thick. Literal clouds. Hordes. Never before has anything come this close to a swarm. Fingers get bit while pouring water. Feel my face is bit. Can't hardly do anything because you have to keep moving to keep the cloud around your face to a minimum so you can actually see what you are doing. But despite the menacing multitudes I think I'm holding it together quite well, I'm learning to deal with the anxiety of millions of mosquitoes baring down on me because I'm the only one in camp with out a tent to hide in. Bring it on, I have mosquito proof wind gear and a bivy, I can handle anything. I drank tea and wrote my journal outside of my bivy just to spite them. I am Full Rabbit, hear me roar.